PeaceHealth is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst - Operational Finance for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours .
Req ID: 158185
Provides support to assigned internal customer's business and operational needs, supporting and furthering their goals and priorities within the context of the goals and priorities of the organization and the mission and values of PeaceHealth. Responsible for providing credible and understandable financial analyses and guidance that enhance decision making of assigned internal customers. Collects, analyzes and prepares financial data, analyzes fiscal accounting and related systems, regulatory submissions, fiscal presentations for budget and reimbursement, and financial feasibility studies.
1. Interprets results of clinical data to explain financial outcomes. Defines clinical and operational impacts. Translates operational impacts into financial components. Calculates financial implication to quantify data.
2. Provides dissemination of financial information to promote clarity of understanding, effective operational decision making, and ensure an understanding of the financial ramifications of decision alternatives.
3. Develops and monitors defined metrics that support regional and system wide parameters and in accordance with the planning calendar.
4. Develops and maintains business partner relationships including a detailed understanding of the business units/programs being served as applicable.
5. Provides ongoing financial and variation analysis that will assist management in enhancing operations.
6. Performs data validation and process verification to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of reported information.
7. Prepares special studies which analyze a specific part of the operations as directed.
8. Completes projects to facilitate and enhances the decision making.
9. Prepares and presents financial information to management as requested. Provides financial education as needed or requested.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field required.
MBA is desirable.
Minimum of five years' progressive experience in an accounting or financial analyst role required.
Experience in Healthcare is preferred.
Familiarity with computerized accounting systems required.
PC spreadsheet experience is required.
Demonstrated ability to act in a consulting capacity
Ability to formulate and operationalize new concepts and ideas for improvement
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple demands and short time frames
Strong organizational skills and self-motivated
Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills and the ability to make objective assessments
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Proficient level of technical expertise with various software applications and tools, i.e. Microsoft Suite, Internet browsers, and databases
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
SHMC AT RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time with frequent sitting and standing.
Ability to lift objects weighing up to 10 lbs and push/pull object weighing up to 20 lbs.
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
Work may be high stress and require intense concentration and attention to detail up to 65% of the time.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Springfield , SHMC at Riverbend (420) Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities Shift: Day Shift Length: 8 Hours FTE: 1.0 Work Type: Full Time Hourly compensation starts at: $ 35.55 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure:
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield || Business, Administrative & Facilities || Accounting & Finance || Full Time || FINANCE SVCS
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.
Back to top
MFM 550 W. Frontage Road Ste. 3600 Northfield, IL 60093