Mergers & Acquisitions, Power & Utilities, Corporate Finance -
January 9, 2018
London, United Kingdom
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Corporate Finance Senior Executive, you'll help make that happen. You'll be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions.
The Power & Utilities team has solidified its position as the leading renewable energy advisor in the UK, regularly closing high profile M&A and financing transactions, supporting some of the largest renewable energy projects and portfolios globally. Our work is focused primarily in the UK, but also includes work in continental Europe, Africa and Central America. Key services include:
- Primary and secondary financing for energy infrastructure projects, including strategy, fundraising, acquisitions and disposals of generating and transmission assets - Fundraising, acquisition and disposal services to support the P&U supply chain and energy services transactions and investments - Supporting large corporations in the development and implementation of energy mix optimisation strategies, including the procurement of renewable energy - Advising governments, multilaterals and the public sector in the strategy, design and implementation of public-private partnership programs such as multi-GW renewable energy procurements
This is a rare opportunity for a candidate to join a market leading, entrepreneurial team, based in London. Within the team you'll have the opportunity to take the lead on client management responsibilities and have the potential to gain excellent career progression. Team members will also have the opportunity to work across the wider Infrastructure team's projects, covering various sectors including defence, outsourcing, education, health, and transport.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Senior Executive, you would be responsible for a range of tasks as different projects require. This may include supporting the sale of an energy project; drafting marketing materials and contacting investors as well as preparing and using complex financial models. Work may also include advising on procurement exercises, including the evaluation of bids and reporting back to clients. Across all projects you will interact with clients, developing your own client relationships along the way.
Skills and Attributes for success
- Commercial Acumen - Ability to apply corporate finance, commercial analysis, financial accounting and report writing skills in your work, incorporating technical knowledge and providing commercial insight - Technical Skills - Preparing/using complex financial models, including undertaking sensitivity/scenario analysis; developing and analysing financial, technical and related data, including liaising with other technical, market and legal advisors - Reporting - Support in the drafting & preparation of transaction marketing materials including teasers, management presentations, other supporting documentation & analysis - Consulting Skills - Undertaking market research, the evaluation and commercial negotiation of bids to support governments or corporations in developing renewable energy programmes and strategies - Presentations and proposals - Support in the preparation of presentations and pitch/proposal documents, and be able to support in presenting confidently and articulately, alongside supporting general business development activities
To qualify for the role you must have
- Demonstrable experience within a Corporate Finance role, ideally within the renewable energy or wider infrastructure sector - Educated to degree level and an advanced professional financial qualification (e.g. ACA, CFA, CA.) preferred, but not mandatory - Strong quantitative and analytical skills, preferably also with financial modelling skills - Very strong Excel, PowerPoint & Word skills - Ability to work under pressure, across multiple projects and working to tight deadlines
Ideally you'll also have
- Good interpersonal skills, comfortable in building relationships with clients, advisers and colleagues - High degree of personal drive and motivation to succeed
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, consultative in nature with a passion for Corporate Finance and have a very strong passion within the Power & Utilities sector. Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly across a range of projects and requiring varied skills sets.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around - Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career - The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.