Based in West Palm Beach, Discover The Palm Beaches (thepalmbeaches.com) promotes Palm Beach County worldwide as a premiere leisure and meetings destination. Total operating budget for 2018 is forecast at $16 million with total staffing of 48 FTE’s. The Vice President, Finance (VPF) reports to the President/CEO and serves as an integral member of the senior management team. The VPF is responsible for the development of Discover The Palm Beaches (DTPB) financial management strategy and contributes to the setting the Organization’s strategic goals. In addition, the VPF is charged with developing and implementing policies and procedures in the finance and operational functional areas.
This VPF ensures smooth ongoing operations and positive communications between the executive team and the Finance Department, providing timely and accurate departmental reports. In addition, the VPF serves as a key liaison to/with the Tourism Development Council (TDC) and the County Clerk’s office on financial matters and contract compliance. There are five team members in the Finance Department including the VP.
Supervising a staff of four, the VPF is responsible for the development and oversight of all accounting functions including collection of public and private revenues, financial reporting, and financial services. These include budgeting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and general accounting. This position interfaces with DTPB’s information technology systems and is responsible for implementing and maintaining internal controls that will ensure that company assets are safeguarded and that financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies and U.S. GAAP.
Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or other closely related field. MBA/CPA or CMA certification highly desirable. Palm Beach County or Florida residence preferred.
At least 10 years of pertinent experience including at least 5 years in a senior management role and related training and experience managing accounting and budgetary functions for a medium-sized company or large Destination Marketing/Management Organization.
Highly desirable: Exposure/knowledge/experience with accounting functions related to obtaining, receiving, accounting, and reporting funding from a county or other public entity (e.g., state or federal agency/governmental division).
• In depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
• Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Proven strong mentoring/coaching success for a team with diverse levels of expertise.
• Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
• Experience with a Destination Marketing/Management Organizations highly desirable.
• Preferred experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge Software, Simpleview CRM system and understanding of digital platforms to ensure the organizational data is protected and maintained.
• Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
• Exceptional writing, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, Board of Directors, and staff.
• Professional in behavior and appearance.
• Exercises good judgement as well as extreme discretion with confidential information
• Trustworthy, loyal and ethical.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
This Company offers a competitive pay package including great benefits; a pleasant office setting in a central location in West Palm Beach; and a terrific team of co-workers.
RemarkAbleHR, Inc. is the exclusive recruiting entity for this position. Please send your resume as a Word attachment via email along with your compensation requirements to Robert B. Storch, SPHR, Senior Project Director, RemarkAbleHR, Inc.
Discover The Palm beaches is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Additional Salary Information: Base plus excellent benefits.
Based in West Palm Beach, Discover The Palm Beaches (thepalmbeaches.com) promotes Palm Beach County worldwide as a premiere leisure and meetings destination. Total operating budget for 2018 is forecast at $16 million with total staffing of 48 FTE’s.
Back to top
MFM 550 W. Frontage Road Ste. 3600 Northfield, IL 60093